Sunday, February 5, 2017

Year One




 I turned my blog over this week to my parents. I am sure I will be properly ridiculed at daycare on Monday for this.

First year with Dad:

Becoming a dad is great. Now, when I am at stores and I speak out loud it's no longer, "Wow, look at that crazy person!" It's, "Wow! look at that very attentive father. He is so amazing."

Molly has been a wonderful delight. I have enjoyed so much watching her explore the world around her. Having a daddy-daughter day every Monday for a few months was exciting and challenging.

This photo was from the first week she was home. This is also the last time that I was able to fit a hat on her head over her hair. 

Becoming a dad has been everything I have always wanted. I don't think I could be an happier with my life. 


This is still my favorite photo I have taken on Molly. I am sure I will have a new favorite shortly. 



First Year with Mom:

I prefer mother.  Just kidding I'll take anything!! Mama, mommy, lady with the milk.  When Molly was around 3 or 4 months old she was saying Mamamamamama all the time. Now? Never.  Just Dadaddadada. But I digress.

I didn't really think that this year went by all that fast.  There were some really challenging times that slowed things down but now looking back at some of these photos where she is SOOOO small... it did.



I'm really surprised how much I love her.  I'm good at holding a grudge. (What? Sweet Melissa? You bet.) But Molly can cry all day and fidget around while I try to cut her nails and poop in the tub and hit my face; a moment later she can just give me a giggle and I'm not mad anymore. That's God at work right there.

Things I love to do with Molly: Dancing, walking around the house holding her hands, bath time, anything to get her to do her happy jumpy dance, making faces in the mirror, watching her muse at the simplest of things, picking her up from Jill's.

Things I don't really love doing with Molly: Trying to brush her teeth, trying to cut her nails, trying to comb her hair-- basic hygine-- carrying her carseat around.  Picking up her cup after she threw it on the floor 16 times, trying to keep _____ that doesn't belong in her mouth-- out of her mouth.  If you didn't think this section would be here I apologize, it ain't all sunshine. Just mostly.

Molly if you ever happen to read this down the line: I love you. So much.  I promise I will do everything I can to do what's best for you.  You might not always agree that it's best. I might make mistakes thinking it's best at the time.  I will try so hard for you to help you accomplish your dreams.  "For now let her sleep for when she wakes, she'll move mountains."







No comments:

Post a Comment